Preventive care is an important part of caring for your child’s teeth and is our highest priority at Albert L. Evans, D.D.S., P.C.. Preventive care in Cottonwood Heights, Utah, includes treatments provided by our dentist, as well as oral hygiene routines at home. When you visit our office, we will work with you to help your child keep their mouth healthy and learn the good habits that lead to a lifetime of smiles, as well as answer any questions you have about the future of their oral health. We invite you to call us at 801-562-8700 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Evans and learn more about the steps of preventive care, such as:
- Dental Cleanings & Exams
- Brushing & Flossing (Oral Hygiene)
- Fluoride Treatment
- Dental Sealants
- Parental Involvement
- Proper Diet
The goal of preventive care is to protect your child’s smile from damage caused by cavities, gum disease, untimely loss of primary teeth, improper eruption of permanent teeth and other damaging dental conditions. Preventive dentistry works to avert these types of problems before they cause damage that requires repair. We offer a number of preventive dental treatments to help you keep your child’s smile in the best possible health. These services include regular exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants where necessary. Bringing your child to our office regularly ensures that we detect and treat any early signs of damage before they become more extensive and painful.
There are several steps you can take to help your child prevent cavities. Our dentist and dental team recommend that you follow these guidelines to help minimize your child’s chances for developing cavities:
- Help your child brush twice a day and floss daily. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a pea-sized amount of fluoridated toothpaste.
- Help your child eat a balanced, healthy diet with a limited amount of very sugary or acidic foods.
- Visit our office at least twice a year so your child can have a dental exam with a cleaning.
- Ask our team about dental sealants, fluoride treatment and other preventive care.
To learn more about preventive care, we invite you to call or visit us today!